Monday, January 6, 2014

4902. DRILLING

DRILLING
Not Karen Carpenter again! No, no
the sound itself pierces emotion; and
I want nothing more from that. Let the
town square bell resound : people will
always find a way around.
-
Presumptuous of me to say so, but
not so many people make good sense
anymore. The policeman with his ticket
book, he makes me sad  -  even those
traffic guys, in their little carts, they've
now been found to be on the take
and, thankfully, fired.
-
Today, on the field, I met a girl from
J&J in New Brunswick ; wonderful  creature
she was, and I was enthralled. We talked
about Buffalo (the place) from whence she
came, via Philadelphia too, to New Brunswick.
I told her all about Ithaca, and Cornell, and
Elmira and the Finger Lakes. She said it was
'beautiful' there, and I agreed. Just like that.
-
Hospitable moments and erroneous joys.
'Happiness grows in a circular motion,
life is just a little boat upon the sea?'

No comments: