Friday, January 17, 2014

4942. WHEN I BELIEVED IN THE GOD WHO WAS A WEDDING FAVORITE

WHEN I BELIEVED IN 
THE GOD WHO WAS A 
WEDDING FAVORITE
Not favor, mind you, I said 'favorite.' He was
standing athwart two mountains and said His
name was Elohim Eldridge Menachem Shalom.
I said 'sure enough', right as he burned my face
with the same fiery scars of Moses  -  who had
last been here. Job was the stranger in the other
room. The rest, I can't account for now.
-
The plows and the earthmovers came through to
make a golf course for the wealthy  -  those who've
been buying all these enormous new homes. I told
them, in the name of God, I'd kill them all, and I knew
where their children went to school too. They kept
plowing, never mattered, no mind. I was that incensed.
-
Even a quiet man can become enraged and maddened
when the world seems all wrong : gone wrong, broken
wrong, and the God with no names takes none of the
credit for that. I ran back at Him and demanded : 'I want
a justice to come down from your skies; I want things
done to make this world right!' He turned to me, a pointed
a finger and said 'Don't look back, you too will turn to stone,
a pillar of salt, whatever you choose. That is the tragic in the
world I gave you. It's not me. Whatever you choose. 
Whatever you choose.' 
-
I realized I would never understand.

No comments: