Monday, January 13, 2014

4914. HEDGEMONT

HEDGEMONT
Driving the car from the Battery Tunnel, there were
two guys I saw walking backwards with shades of
glee - one was holding a paint-bucket in his hands
and the other dragged a drop-cloth from his knees.
I slowed down to ask if they wanted a ride - they
exclaimed, 'No; this was part of our deal.'
I said okay, and sped away.
-
I really wanted to ask, 'Why would you let
the man from the Marlton Hotel do this to you?
Slave labor like this is entrapment for sure.'
-
Sometimes a lazy day is nothing but that - a
lazy day in all respects. My own way, that of a
radical man's descent, went instead to thoughts
of Zabriskie Point, that film where, after a huge
sex session in the desert sand, everything at
the end of the film is just shown being blown
apart, in movement, everything in smithereens.

No comments: