Saturday, January 25, 2014

4976. FOR GOD'S SAKE LET THE LEMMINGS GO

FOR GOD'S SAKE LET
THE LEMMINGS GO
My computerized fake list of idiots grows  -  they have names
like Eldridge Montrose. The misanthrope who stands at the
mirror is not me. I enter where no others go, and that black
mirror takes me in. Should I ever return, I do not know.
-
Now, in icicle raiment and bright with desire, there is no one
around  me. No longer a demeaning quality to my face or 
mind. I want to coat this big-room floor with a wax and a 
dynamite clear. Children are eating cookies, leaving crumbs
at the window's sill. A woman has lit a candle, beseeching 
something for a something else. I did a leap over the pantry
just to get to the door. 
-
If I were a scribe in a tenth century cell, I'd be looking
down at something seen below. Not through glass,
exactly  -  more like something opaque, a density of
 mind, another reality entire. Since I am inclined to
accept chance when it comes my way, I think of
nothing as being awry. I accept my own 'All' of
this life  -  the swings, the arrows, the slings. All
defiant in defeat, I still in place remain. I
love the double entendre.
-
An individual with a compelling task finds himself 
often involved in ideas and actions for which he is
no longer responsible. Being motivated no longer by
caprice or arrogance, he finds himself driven instead
by a dire necessity, one which he himself cannot
comprehend. It comes down upon him with a
savage fatefulness. This man (a sometimes me)
driven by a daimon, steps beyond the limits and
enters, for himself, the untrodden, untreadable
regions  -  air there is thin. Light there is thinner.
-
It's not like heads-up in the land of the living, but
more like a heads-down in the land of the dead;
and let us all mourn together.

No comments: