Friday, January 17, 2014

4943. MY MISE EN SCENE

MY MISE EN SCENE
I took the bowler cap off the monkey and
played dynamite shoes with his magnetic face.
I played poetry games on his doddering image,
faltering his reputation and changing his place.
-
It was all so very simple than. I rented a car for
the Steel Magnolia Lunar Derby  -  a 1964 Aston
Martin, in grey  -  and off we went a'riding through
those massive Pennsylvania hills. I didn't take the
insurance offered; because I was sure we
would take no spills. Just like that. OK?
-
At the Midway FreakFest Roller Coaster rides,
the man with the flaming torch was scorching the
throats of the new-found brides from the 4H Club :
girls raising chickens marrying guys who'd been
choking them. Funny in a way, how all
this Life just happens.
-
I have no regrets. I've written my list of the
ten best things and thrown into the Lake of Fire,
Greasy Lake, Lake Isle of Innisfree. Wilbur
Cantora can have it for free : my mise 
en scene 'ain't so for me.' (Here at
the Lake Isle of Innisfree)...

No comments: