Monday, January 27, 2014

4982. HORATIO RICHMOND ANTI-MATTER

HORATIO RICHMOND 
ANTI-MATTER
Oh boyos and hobos and girlos and me! The raft is
rocking; gently, sweetly, and profuse, filled with dreams 
and old letters from home. Let me go, let me : there's a
shack by the railroad, a little hermit's place, and one old 
guy inside named Fritz. We throw him money and he shoots
us with salt. His first child was a pellet gun, and it's 1954.
-
I want to dream again  -  the letter rack, the telephone bench,
the rocking chair and the love seat too. I was only a little boy,
but had to learn these names. My house was made up of things;
my mother's new phone cord was eight feet long  -  so she
wouldn't be tied to the phone when she was tied to the phone.
-
What was the matter with that? I crumbled a week later, in front 
of a train that took me down. 'Thank God it was only a locomotive,'
my Mother used to say. I never quite got that, but it meant she 
was happy that it wasn't a long train  -  it was only an engine 
and a spare and a coal car, going somewhere. 
Seemed fucking pretty long to me.
-
'Don't despair,' they used to say, 'Don't despair, Aunt Bluebell's
here.' I spent my live in a cauldron, turning and turning and 
turning to be shined like a small-kid's marble. I want
to dream again. I want to dream again.

No comments: