Thursday, July 28, 2022

14,462. SOMETIMES I GET GENERALLY MAD

SOMETIMES I GET 
GENERALLY MAD
What passes for poetry today baffles me:
Not saying anything about my own, but
I admit to have tendencies that do not fit.
For instance, tell me what sense you make
of this: "Black Frasier Crane  -  As lonely/ 
in her overthinking/and as forgiven/Black
Frasier Crane/is a woman in a multi/-
generational/household with more than
enough/square feet"...
-
That's only the first of five sections. When
my belly stops hurting I'll type up another
section. I'd have to say there nothing really
to grab onto when reading it. It's fairly
trendy, all the right buttons : Black,
female, and the rest.
-
"Black Frasier has/a small staff/but she
treats them/'like family';/she has a soothing/
radio voice and reserved/parking at both
her condo/and the office"  -  I have to ask,
isn't all this so good?
-
"Black Frasier complains/about little everythings/
because what is more/important than the fine/
dusting of cinnamon/on the perfect ratio/of foam
to espresso/except the knowing/that you and/
only you/have the sense to complain"
-
I don't begrudge  -  don't get me wrong  -
Rio Cortez for getting this published, and
in a national publication too, but I have to
ask, simply, why? What standards were
in play?
-
"And who else/could understand/ but a
sister/two Black Cranes/in custom Italian
suits/joking about Freud:/Isn't this the hardest
work?/To be happy"
-
I guess I'll break in one last time to say,
before I leave you with the conclusion
of this monstrous predilection to random
pretension: Aren't we all what we say?
So why should this crap be any different?
-
"when you already/have everything/to have
so much/you give some up/ not away/but to
the beast in you/that just takes/and takes until/
there are no more/brulees and no more/canapes
just the mind's/endless narration"
-
Now that we've rhymed brulees and canapes,
I'll leave.

No comments: