Friday, July 22, 2022

14,440. IN A QUIET MOMENT

IN A QUIET MOMENT 
In a quiet moment like this I
can muse. I can stretch bounds
and think past common endings.
All over the place I roam. I can
only go slow now, and must be
deliberate; my days of froth and
fury are retired. One thing finely
noted: I don't need to have opinion
now, about anything at all.
-
The milkman, and the breadman,
they no longer come around or
call. Such unheard of things no
longer fit the bill today presents
for living. Now no one drinks 
milk anyway. It's an outmoded
thought from little-kid days. 
Now it's all almond or oat or
soy milk instead? Is that not
what they said?
-
In such a quiet moment I get
sad, over and over again. The
wife and I, both now ailing,
move on our steady ways, with
hope, as best we can. Right now,
she's in her book, identifying
bugs ('it's probably a 'swamp
darning dragonfly...') and I'm 
down here, just looking up,
and asking why. 
-
Another night portends; another
dark'ning sky.

No comments: