Sunday, July 24, 2022

14,445. JUNIPER BERRIES IN A FUNNY LAND

JUNIPER BERRIES IN 
A FUNNY LAND
Sometimes I get stuck, in another land
where people talk on  -  endless words
about most anything  -  their recipes
and foods and trips and vacations and
children. By them, next to them, I am
the local pauper who's not gone anywhere
myself. If that's called living vicariously,
it's not that at all. I don't want that life.
-
A crumble-pick full of some Disneyworld
creeps would send me into paroxysms of 
a newer despair  -  false gimmickry, flat
earth, sour emotions and dead feelings
too.  Even dreams should be more true. 
What is this, a zombie zoo?
-
I laugh back. They show me pictures of
their Google-book trip  -  kids and ice-cream
and Mickie. Some vampy princess meant
to stick. Their minds are really filled with
this? For the sake of a child they let the
world run amiss. It shouldn't be like that
at all. 

No comments: