Friday, July 8, 2022

14,417. JESUS MUSES TO MARTHA AND MARY

JESUS MUSES TO MARTHA AND MARY
"Oh self-denying gentlewomen:
a little world cunningly made.
Boiled chicken smothered in white sauce?
My attitude toward the betrayal was neither
shocking nor bold. I withstood that challenge 
OK. Stepping forth, of course, I was as 
surprised  -  at one level  -  as anyone would 
be, yet  -  and on the other, less human, level  -  
I knew and felt that it was coming. Nothing 
much else to be said about that, though I 
wondered of the time and the year. Why, 
at 33? And why there? Were there not yet 
far other lands still to be conquered? Could
we not have done so much more? Why not, 
Father, wait another 1500 years and get
this thing more totally done? Why only
this small tribe of local fools?"

No comments: