Sunday, February 24, 2019

11,567. HAPPENSTANCE AND A DULCIMER DUO

HAPPENSTANCE AND 
A DULCIMER DUO
I walked. And I walked. It wasn't
'that ' long, mind you, but I'd started
out tired and it just got worse. Down
at the Battery, I started out, and had
decided to go right up to east 81st.
Most of the passage was a nice trek,
but then a few bottlenecked places
did intervene  -  All those creeps
along Bowery, a Whole Foods and
gawkers, (No, if that was the name
of a shop I'd have to have written 
Gawker's). And then the people
at Union Square, with their causes
and hoops, dances and chants. A
rabid but tired bookstore, and yet
another Trader Joe's and a Whole
Foods too; and then the pigs in
Times Square, cartoon assholes
and some painted ladies, and the 
Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick's
zoo, and then that Trump guy's place.
Finally, after a struggle, the respite
at least of walking along the park.
By then, I was cruising good. Guys
playing music, tourists standing still,
people flinging money for they think
they might have heard. You're supposed
to do that, right? It was easy by evening,
in the fading light. I got to where I was
going; and I felt all right.

No comments: