Wednesday, February 6, 2019

11,521. MAXIM GORKY TOOK ALL THE MUSIC

MAXIM GORKY TOOK 
ALL THE MUSIC
I've never been French though I tried.
I walked through the Seine from a
left-bank cafe, leaping the little wall at
the Ile de Cite. Nothing ever worked out,
aye, nothing ever worked out for me:
Montmarte, Chartres, and the Tuileries
too. Champs Elysee? I'll never say.
-
It worked the same, too, in Budapest.
I took that woman there, as she paid
all my fees and threw me a bonus  -
to get her across borders and stay
with her there. But I never liked the
food, never had much to say, and,
frankly never really knew where
the heck I was. 'Is this Buda, 
or is now Pest?'
-
So many funny moments in the 
fandance of time. In America, I
don't think I've seen a real 'antique'
shop in forty years. In Europe, 
they seem to be everywhere.



No comments: