Monday, February 18, 2019

11,549. I REALLY CAN'T BEAR

I REALLY CAN'T BEAR
Much of what the manner is
I truly do forget : a ferris wheel
on the edge of a cliff, perhaps.
Nice imagery, if you're not the
one flung over. The rest of it,
plainly, I can't describe. Two
cars parked by the double-drawn
line, one man got out in a suit.
He stood still, outside, smoking.
You don't see that much anymore.
A quick nonchalance, it hits the eye
like a fire, deep in the woods. So
people everywhere have changed?
-
The way they speak of things now,
it's all so different  -  what you now
can't say or what what you should
not, how to phrase your opposition
to an idea, first check it it's allowed
that you don't agree. Yes, they go
nuts nowadays, and a career can
be ruined, run right down the tube.
Shot to hell. Gone to waste.
-
The girl at the desk, the one in the nice
pale, green blouse, I gave her my ID
card back, to hold. I won't be needing it
for the rest of the day, and I really hate 
those things and what they stand for; 
whether clipped on or worn about the
neck. That's not me and I'm not that 
so what the heck. And even if I don't 
come back, and never see her again,
I won't care. Another seminar?
I really can't bear.

No comments: