Friday, February 15, 2019

11,544. NOW LISTEN UP BlOOMFIELD

NOW LISTEN UP BLOOMFIELD
The bus left Port Authority at
8:41, and I knew I was going
nowhere  -  it was just a ride to 
see what I'd see anywhere. The
ticket said said Scranton, but
this sanctus sanctorum was
Bloomfield. So, listen up Essex
County, and hear me out. And
Montclair, Weequahic, and Park 
Ridge, lend me your ears. The 
Oranges seem behind us, and here's
Hillside and Maplewood too! I
come to bring good news : but
first, at Millburn, I must pick up
your daughter. She'll be waiting 
for me at the bus stop by Daunton's
corner, the pharmacy, the Brittle
Shop, and the Bagelry Royale. Then
we're off for a week's load of delight.
Where we end up, I'll tell you next
night. Revelry like this doth know
no bounds. A postcard could do,
something back to you, but she's got
than damned phone too, so you'll
surely hear before I can think: those
phone-photos and endless streams
of chatter. I figure we'll end up in
that town where the Molly McGuires
were tried and hung. I've always liked
it there and there are plenty of lessons
to teach someone so young. History
that beckons is best caught on the run.

No comments: