Tuesday, June 18, 2013

4484. MR. ZOROASTER

MR. ZOROASTER
I commingle both blood and fury, juggling my cosmic
words with the lightness of fire and heat. I am the torch
that carries the flame  -  do you like me this way?
All across those fabulous ages I've remain steady; a
name used on occasion, a secret presence, a force
behind a force. And now, but only now, it is dawning
morning on some North American beach, a place I've
known nor even sought to see. My visions are larger
than broadcast, and I easily encompass this space.
A few boats are swaying in time to the ripples, as the
soft water runs on  -  sails and a schooner, some rich
man's yacht holding bay. A few folks are having their
breakfast at a table nearby  -  wharfside coffee and the
odor of eggs and big pastries. Things I've never seen.
-
I am wrapped in the robes of too long ago, my language
is stilted and broken, I cannot articulate the exactness
of what I need to say. On the arms of my cloak, stitched
in a velvet, are stars and shooting pinions of form and
elation  -  my body screams joy, my heart yells 'Duty!'
All that, and yet why am I here, I must ask?
-
Like the God would say to the writer  -  'I am here
because you placed me here, you silly, foolish one;
why do you ask, it's so obvious.' Thousands of years
of Mankind have thought that question should have gone
the other way  -  with the writer asking God instead  -
but, take it from me, I truly have the sequence right.

No comments: