Monday, June 3, 2013

4446. THE GRAND MANNERS OF THIS WORLD

THE GRAND MANNERS
OF THIS WORLD
A grandiosity of Spring and color, bloom and growth,
a very nice meditation of time and passing splendor
(short like a bird and simple too). Time bides only its
own time, not really ours. It does things at its own
pace and with its own meanings; blindly some, and
without us really. Its pace is seemingly slow, yet just
as swift too. We interpret what we can of the earth-voice
you speak of. Will the bloom grow to love? Personally,
I think not, I'm just not that sunny, and, alas, things
fade. Perhaps they should be appreciated for that alone.
-
Here, in Belgrade, a neighborhood of Soames and Uffals,
I saw a man take a shit by the canal. He dropped his
drawers and simply crouched. I guess if it has to be done
it has to be done - and don't get me wrong, I've seen it
before along Hudson and Washington - the whole lower end
of Manhattan. The bums used to do it on the piers. The
drunks, well they did it 'anywheres'. It was just like that.
-
But today's the gentility age, and I'd not expected this;
but so much for manners if you must barf in your hat. I
do now suppose, anywhere around the world, there
are certain that which always take precedence.

No comments: