Wednesday, June 5, 2013

4450. HERE TENSION

HERE TENSION
Here tension makes the muscles taut, brings stress
to otherwise placid places. Watching ice floes makes
less difference to the frost than does this eye towards
restful beauty in a hubbub of confusion. So let me simply
sit and rest  -  to watch, observe, make sense. I will bring
my arms forward and allow good feelings to temper through.
There is a girl coming in past the double-black gate. There is
another silent man in shorts, gloating in the sunlight about his
tan. I wilt, by my own contrast, over nothing at all  -  the usual
two shirts, the regular shoes and the heavy-fabric wearing of these
pants. No, I am not a Sun-man nor a Beach-man at all myself.
I'd rather flee this desecration and end up tailored in some
long-abandoned shrine on high, atop a mountain in Peru.

No comments: