Monday, June 3, 2013

4444. WHAT IS THIS?

WHAT IS THIS?
What is this, then, that I am seeking, and how can
I best learn my tongue? Am I an avaricious nature
that should confound and confuse so many things?
Everywhere I look, and each place I turn, I learn to
realize the do-not-do of where I am. Others it seems
write ponderous, deep thoughts about Life and Death
while I, stuck here like a child, promiscuous in my actions
like a daft meadow
lark, am yet trying to remain nothing
but still when all others want bluster and talk. My way
has an entry and an exit - and I can wait. I need not
engage : because I already have that power needed to
do. Which is, in a  way, all one really needs. At least now I
have no keeper, yet the sharp-hoofed carnivore appproaches.
-
I've already written my books and ledgers, taken stock of
these basic things. I tire already, don't know how I amassed
all this that I have amassed - people seeking, and listening,
as though, frankly, there was something to give or say. I must
stop being so relflective. Perhaps that is a better way.

No comments: