Thursday, June 6, 2013

4455. I AM THE CONCENTRATED ONE

I AM THE CONCENTRATED ONE
Organization man, the one with the fetters, the dude
with all the ice, the money-guy when the cops come
calling. My water is really an orangeade, changed slightly
each day : I walk with the step of a gunman's folly, looking
only fitfully back while knowing I'm always well-protected.
Take a look at this, for instance - these were the jewels
that Queen Triana once wore,...
while walking thru the old
Albanian palace of King Zog. That was 1952, as I remember.
We hid out, after braining the guardsman who was, really, no
more than a farmer in tights - dull, dumb and stupid. Once
he was down, we took the jewels and fled. Now, here I am,
and all these many years later! An older old man for sure,
but, no, not wiser of anything rightful at all. See the
diamond glitter in that young girl's eyes. Yes, my
friend, yes, that is exactly where I want to be.

No comments: