Monday, June 17, 2013

4483. CAMBRICKSHIRE

CAMBRICKSHIRE
(I can't take anything from that)
Wasn't nothing and mattered less, only
a moment, a pawn, a trickle. I can remember
when you first came here  -  parasol like a
rich girl, riding that deep brown horse.
Everything else about you looked blue.
I couldn't take my eyes off what I'd seen -
the half-bricking of a girl I just had to meet.
Infatuation, like jelly on a bread, had smitten
already my wayward sweet tooth.
-
There was so little to say, and we needed to say
nothing at all. I pretended you were a sharpshooter's
girl, and I asked to be your target. You smiled, and
said 'that can be arranged, if you will but listen.'
-
Everything after that has been a blur; I can recall
that sandy castle that blew away, and those things
you baked in your mother's old oven. Everything
was good : as it all should be, as it all still is.
I can't take anything from that.

No comments: