Saturday, June 1, 2013

4437. HAZEL ROUND-UP (touring again)

HAZEL ROUND-UP
(touring again)
Here we are once more my friends, bespeaking
a kindness about the legions of fallen folk. All 
the medieval graveyards that I've ever seen
have been mysteries to me in the end.
-
Do we wish to see King Spike or another one
of his legendary knights, some exalted face
of high-caliber nose? No, give me instead
that lost unmarked grave of the man who
worked leather or the woman who wove
thread. That's where I rather lay
my head instead.
-
The countless touristy types riding Danube
cruises and walking these tours  -  flaccid yet
unwielding as well, they shun the real world
just to keep themselves going; and dip into,
instead, a fabled fantasy of someone else's
old groin. I don't know the club, but
I know I won't join.

No comments: