Wednesday, May 29, 2013

4432. BONFIRE (OF THE INANITIES)

BONFIRE (OF THE INANITIES)
Perfectly amenable to your hot-headed gloss,
I broke a mirror just thinking of you : seven
moments of faulty bad luck and I don't care.
It was worth it. I've said it. There.
-
Dog-tiredness ails the aimless one : the
dime-store model cure for the common cold
has become, instead, all this  -  you are my
buttercup caramel and the new cure for the
common scold! And now, take this muffin
I offer to you, and eat it.
-
There is a man, one table over  -  a few
mornings in a row now I've seen him with
his fresh Summershort- haircut, reading
each day. 'The Rise and the Fall of The
Third rRich', by William Shirer. Oooh!
That's scary now, and solo goes awkward.
But I remain as before  -  perfectly
amenable to your hot-headed gloss.

No comments: