Sunday, May 19, 2013

4409. I CAN INHABIT THIS PLACE UNTIL IT KILLS ME TOO

I CAN INHABIT THIS PLACE
UNTIL IT KILLS ME TOO
Now counting the numbers : there are
police with clickers watching me pass,
and - oh yes - there's a camera overhead,
and we live in a land of pigsties and inkstains
for brains where the ruling clients of the Holy
Land can steal you blind and laugh about it
on your own TV screen. With pleasure, of
course, you will be the one applauding.
-
Why is it I count myself not yet among the
dead but not glad among the living? Every
tendentious thing I've ever been told, from
grade-school on until now I am old, has
been but lies and fables, untruths and
cant. And I'm sick of it all as well.
-
Now counting the numbers : the
fifteenth slob from the end will
be the last one to go.

No comments: