Wednesday, May 29, 2013

4430. WHAT ARE THESE OLD REASONS?


WHAT ARE THESE 
OLD REASONS?
Marmaduke was an ancient God : saying that
right, I lose my breath. It can't be, and it's not
really. Let's try Marduk, before the cartoon idiots
got to it. I crawled over those endless Sumerian
surfaces  -  defacing all History like an American
soldier with a filthy gun in his hand. Or like some
crazed Jihadist, playing crosswords with
a two-letter word for me.
-
I erased the board that morning : the field captain
was standing there before us, explaining yet another
ambush and warning of our vest and helmets. 'Be
sure it's all in place  -  you'll need that shit and,
besides, it's regulation here.' How we'd gotten
this far, and to this place, I'll never know.
-
Sgt. Rownson, I had noticed, was still stealing
clay idols  -  from where they were found he'd
take them and wrap them for home, in Cracker
Jack boxes his parents kept sending. He was
so filthy it made my skin crawl. Truthfully?
I was glad when he went down; they should
have sent his pieces home in the same
small boxes. No, I'm not bitter, just real.
-
I walk around in shock and awe. What the
fuck? I don't know what I'm doing in this
place anyway  -  can't be bothered
and can't be sure. Marmaduke
was an ancient God?

No comments: