Thursday, May 16, 2013

4402. ONTO THE BIGGEST POINT OF REASON

ONTO THE BIGGEST
POINT OF REASON
They've reached the level of pulling dinosaur bones
from landfills  -  intense dispensations and layers of
crazy lies. Things made up; like stories an old man
tells a kid. There are pages and books and reams of
this stuff  -  the illicit logic of claims and those who
fight to remain perfectly sure. The scientist comes
in on a surfboard, but I notice it has a motor.
What next? And if it is next, what then?
-
I can't establish any tinkering reason for why I'm
here or where I'm headed. I pull brush back from
the roadway, and all I see are newspapers and flies.
There's so little wonder left that I wonder what's left
to wonder anyway. Let me move this glass; you can
have a drink. We'll sit here awhile and just talk.
-
I too was at the D'Arcy Pines meeting  -  they talked
about paving the lagoon and allowing the oldtimers
to park their cars  -  right where I once caught frogs
and fishes. What kind of modern nerve is all this?
I really give up on all that I'm seeing.

No comments: