Saturday, May 11, 2013

4386. MY SINKING IN IMPERIAL TIME

MY SINKING IN
IMPERIAL TIME
(an abstract)
My laces are too short to hang from, so
that part of the question is out. I will
deliberate no more. Everything I have
ever done has taken too much time.
-
When I had parents, I was an orphan;
not that I they are gone, I suddenly
have parents : it's all so very strange.
Voices linger in the mysterious night.
-
My range is out of hearing, though
the sound is decidedly loud. And
loud enough for me. Others may hear,
but I do not see them react, only nod.
-
My grandmother's cousin was once a
boxer. A pugilist by trade, I think it was.
Him. Who was welterweight champion
of the world in 1924. Of sorts. I was told.
Never believe anything you have not
told yourself. No names knock this tale.
-
An orange can by juiced by squeezing.
A banana, I am told, cannot.

No comments: