Tuesday, May 14, 2013

4393. EVEN THOSE WHO SEE

EVEN THOSE WHO SEE
Well, I guess I do it until I get bored; in the
same way a loan shark muscles his marks, beats
the shillings out of the drunken debtor. No one
can mention it, of course, even those who see.
It's all unremarked and misbegotten. Oh Sun.
Oh Moon. Like the ever-running cosmic tale of
the monkey and the sin  -  we watch the caged
moronic man spin wildly in his place.
-
Let me sit a while, right here. I'll keep an eye on
the pacing guy by the pretzel cart and the lacy lady
over by the carousel. As was said 'suffer the little
children come to me'  -  biblical, New Testament
stuff I never understood. This Jesus guy, way too
circumlinear in his talk. 'Ya' got sumptin' to say,
just say it,' I always said. Now, here it's me alone
parading these meaner folk through their paces.
-
I don't laugh at much, though everything, really, keeps
me in stitches. It's just that way. Oh Sun. Oh Moon.
I do it until I get bored.

No comments: