Wednesday, May 15, 2013

4399. HEAD OF STEAM

HEAD OF STEAM
My perspective withers at the edge of the land.
No Christopher Columbus, I seek no angels in
another clime, no virgin lands for the Virgin to
claim. Mater Dei, for me, is just a lovely girl
beneath the stars  -  and I can't claim any beneficial
ends, for sure. I walk the plank when told. Sea myths
and monsters nibble my ears. I sink beneath the waves.
-
I was once the leader of Jason's clan  -  all those
argonauts and their crazy means of locomotion.
Seascapes, and genders switched; ancient astrolabes
squiqqling beneath the dark and greedy sky. All
those mysteries of God back then. Mankind was young,
and we were still getting our feet wet learning to live.
-
The first sunrise was just an understanding.
By the second and the third, it was all routine;
we'd really gotten a head of steam.

No comments: