Tuesday, May 21, 2013

4414. LET ME, MENDOZA

LET ME, MENDOZA
Spin me off like a gumdrop while I
watch the white egret take my breath away.
Such beauty has no name you say? Standing
in ten inches of water, it's got to be better
than a wade. I'm here with my dog, as we
slosh through the stream  -  I learn everything
she learns about water, and at the exact same
time. It's a wonderful life, Pearly.
-
There's a bountiful amount of joy in
the way branches and limbs just learn to
grow over and around things : the streamlined
gruff and the bark, so rough, yet right. From
high above, some smart smattering of blue calls
down, just before the breath of sky hits me right
back. It's worth smiling or just living, for this
and this alone. I should call her
Pearly Mendoza. She'll let 
me take her home.

No comments: