Sunday, May 26, 2013

4425. I HAVE THE UPTICK

I HAVE THE UPTICK
Standing on a ridge counting any pennies
to get me home, three Germans go by - loaded
with backpacks and hiking the trail. I can only
wonder what they say : about this place and
its distant lands - far off, down the river, the
absurd metal twist of New York City, just visible
yet if one squints. Tappan Zee to Bear Mountain,
all things together conspire, bringing back memories
and desires. I know I have been here before. I can
feel it in my bones and smell it in my airs. The very
idea of Cooper and Irving, either one of those clowns,
can bring me tales anew of all I knew and have learned,
here, to do. It's like that, worldwide over. The cloudy gauze
of happenstance and memory, the re-lining of some tired,
old life; all just in time to do it again, all just in time.

No comments: