Friday, May 3, 2013

4362. APPLY THE TORQUE

APPLY THE TORQUE
Adhere noiselessly to the baseball bat  - 
make neither a noise nor a feature alone.
See the wind move the swings amidst their
steel and moorings. All contrary attestations
notwithstanding, these are the ways we go.
-
And have you been around? Hawking yet
your five-dollar pizza and a pan of beer?
These are all things you make yourself do,
and I'd recognize you anywhere. I can still
remember, when I was a young man, growing,
outside my rear-wall window I would see
the pheasants and the grouse  -  until the
oncoming local train flushed them out.
-
Now all that is gone, though the trains they
still pass  -  carbon and concrete and wire and
steel instead. I apply the torque and force both
myself and my old-linear world to stay in place.

No comments: