Friday, June 29, 2012

3747. TO RECONCILE LOVE

TO RECONCILE LOVE
(the fire of all his purposes)
To reconcile love with death is
very hard  -  nay, it cannot be
done and I shall give up trying.
Listen as the voices sing - fey
and level, high and trapping; a
regular chorus of light, in the
chambers of the trapped, and 
I will give back nothing in return.
-
There comes a time - I think - 
when one needs to admit the
import of every single thing. 
Difficulties abound, yet every
particle matters and our place
and consciousness are made of
millions. Like the inland Strella
Mountain of Portugal's major
internal lake, the hulks of old
seafaring things bob up. We
too are alive on a sea of our 
own. To reconcile this with
death, all this, is oh so
difficult to do.
-
(I am sorry to be sad and 
always untranquil  -  and I
take my odds from where
they come. 'Ye shall not
recognize them.'
-
Neither tranquil tropics nor
Cape Horn's swells shall leave
my dark den, so desperately
trying to break through to a
blessed light and air.To 
reconcile all this with 
love and death is
very hard to do).

No comments: