Wednesday, June 27, 2012

3741. AS NEEDED

AS NEEDED
Robin's egg blue  -  just as the morning
broke. I was walking the curb near the
big, gray house when I saw again the
sign in the sky  -  a big, curvy moment
for me. What is it you now want?
Not enough mystery?
-
Mystify me : throw me your pellets like
a dog gets thrown the things around so
as to eat all moments. I too shall scurry.
The man with the Audi coupe comes
out once more  -  another morning for
him  -  carrying on his shoulder those
sleek and so modern golf clubs anew,
in his brite-blue golf bag too. Robin's
egg blue, or not, still I sense blue.
-
Just like his medical suit, his scrubs,
his daily subscription to Everyman's
crime of time (same as mine, this crime).
And, just like a million other things no one
needs, the situations bring themselves
forth: the rank offal of righteous control.
-
And sadly too, no one heeds what
no one needs, so it all just goes on:
all those fallacious and windy deeds  -  
art and medicine and sport and death.
I specify this moment for one reason
alone  -  glaring, forceful source, father
of love and money, an old Nobodaddy 
himself  glaring down. And William Blake 
was right, I bet, when he wrote :
'Mercy wears a human face.'

No comments: