Tuesday, June 5, 2012

3692. COURIER AND CONSTABLE

COURIER AND CONSTABLE
There is no record of time, no record of place,
and the good-day sun shines down on all those 
chairs, empty now, soon to be filled with fanning 
people. I wish I had a camera; but  -  again  -  
I am defenseless in this line of Earth's fire. I
bring nothing to the camp, to the fort, to the
glen, to the village. I am the outsider, the
unfinished one, the strange one from beyond
the woods. Outlier, they maybe call that.
I don't want a different job than this : I 
want to be the one who brings you your 
strawberries in the early morning light, I 
want to be the one who wakes you up. 
Glad tidings always, in a cavernous robe. 
There comes a time when whatever has 
grown begins to wither. If we could just 
get past that point  -  there'd be no need 
to record or remember anything else at all.

No comments: