Friday, June 1, 2012

3682. LET ME HANDS OFF TITLE

LET ME HANDS OFF TITLE
(no, no, I do not know at all)
I go for broke, I'm running this hard.
Finish line or nothing, here I come to you.
If I die before I break, I give the Lord this
piece of cake. Where'd that come from?
No, no, I do not know.
-
I first met that artist woman on the roof 
of her studio loft. She was naked like a star,
and I was wearing fur. Nothing came together,
she spilled paint on her coffee, no, no, coffee
on her painting, and all we could do was roar.
-
The little flame on her Bunson burner, I put
it out with my fingers. She was sexing eggs, I 
think she said. Whatever; we are all so little
known that nothing of this matters. And then,
I just went home. Through the Brooklyn
maelstrom, beneath the rumbling caves
of Mordor, astride the subway's madness,
underneath the Mayor's daughter.
-
This Bloomberg chick, yeah, she once
lived in Princeton. I saw her bringing 
out trash. I got to know her, just
to say hello. Her boyfriend
had a red Ferrari. No, no
I do not know at all.

No comments: