Wednesday, June 13, 2012

3712. THE ECCENTRIC FACE OF THE WORLD

THE ECCENTRIC 
FACE OF THE WORLD
The eccentric face of the world has its miles 
and centuries while I have my none and nothing;
yet, my sleeve is a smile and my leggings are
pleasures and joys. This bomber-wing-like
faction, so extreme in its manners and ways,
can take down a town or a city in time.
'I have nothing so much to do as wait.
I am Ozymandias myself; look upon
my works, towers stand to falter and
mountains tend to sand. All things
amount to nothing at all.'
-
The five grand acres of Carnegie Lake
are now shrouded by fogs of the
morning and ringed by the wet
trees of June. The geese and the
ducks  -  as well as the four-legged
dwellers of this water and wood  -
come gingerly out to the shore 
to wager. This morning fog at
dawn, so thick, protects and
grants them cover.
-
All things amount to nothing at all.

No comments: