Monday, June 11, 2012

3704. WALTER

WALTER
You are all watercress, you are all doom.
The limo was parked by Santileer Street,
and we walked the rest of the way. Together.
Yes, she held my hand, but so what? When we
got to your space, this friendly fellow you call
Walter took us right upstairs. He's a creepy guy,
actually, I felt. Above our heads, the roar of the
bridge kept on going; but I suppose it's always
like that  -  you had already told me of how it was
difficult, those first few nights hiding out, to sleep.
Now, we finally get to see you once more. How
long will you try staying here? Why did you kill
that guard? Did you feel it was that necessary?
Hasn't it really mucked things up? Shirley? Yes,
I said she was here with me, we walked together.
I'll treat her as mine now, and take good care. You
know you'll never be able to see her again  -  it's
just like that now, you should have thought it out.
She's really okay, and very sweet and, well, yeah,
I like her a lot. This is crazy though, the way we
needed to dress like formal, as this, just so this
Walter cracker could bring us in through a slimy
banquet hall. Everything now will have to be pretense.
Anyway, you know damn well someone is going to
sell you out  -  no, it won't be me  -  but it's only a
matter of time and  -  really  -  you're going to fry,
or at the least get two consecutive life terms.
I'm thinking, watch your ass, and please
don't trust this Walter guy.

No comments: