Monday, June 18, 2012

3722. RINGOLEVIO

RINGLOLEVIO
Read on the porch, while standing up. I went all the way 
out to Portland New Jersey for that one, just looking for 
things, finding old me who could tell me what's up. I found an 
old man in a ragged antique store, selling anything leftover that 
came his way and, apparently too, he thought would sell. That 
usual assortment of dead-beat shit  -  glasses that magnified for 
reading, old records albums of Vic Damone, tea cozies and 
bottles of milk from long-gone dairies. I didn't know anything, 
was just looking for this commune's old farm. 'Oh yeah, you mean 
that one, that guy who wrote, I think, what was it, I'll Sleep Where 
I Fall. Christ, yeah, we knew them all back in the day. What was 
that, '71, '67. I forget. They had them girls, sprightly little things, 
they'd walk around here to get groceries and stuff, nearly nothing 
on, or then nothing underneath anyway  -  these great big floppy 
gown type things, with nary a stitch underneath. I remember, the 
light would catch them in just such a way and we'd all get a show : 
those little mounds  of tit, that hairy clump of bush. Yeah, don't 
sound like much now, but then - whew - the town council 
meetings on Tuesdays, they get all a'flutter. All for nothing 
anyway, them girls never did a thing 'cept, I guess, fuck hard all 
their commune men. Beats me, now, and so did then.' I laughed 
back at his face, telling my own stories : 'I was there, yeah, some 
of that was me, yeah, all together cool enough. We came up from 
east 3rd, Christ Almighty with them girls in a bushel!  All they 
ever wanted to do was to fuck and suck for free food and a 
baby!  That was  '71, exact; we was among the first up here, 
setting up for free, on Peter Coyote's family farm. He made 
that name up, by the way - and you probably know that.'

No comments: