Saturday, June 30, 2012

3750. CONVERSATION COMES FROM CHINA

CONVERSATION COMES
FROM CHINA
Nobody knows this or when
and what becomes of that.
Fifteen ice-ages of man have -
already - come and gone and
here you are crying over another!
Or, what was that, over heat or
warming? I truly forget. Your
new sarcasm is unbecoming,
but you know that. I can tell
by the smirk on your face.
-
So now, like gigolos from a cave
in Dundee, you all go on spouting
your lava mouth junk. Conversation
comes from China. Lessons learned
from it? Yes : panty lines tell nothing,
underneath it all she's naked; the child
is father to the man; it isn't itself, hot
like this, it's more the angles and the
rays. No, no, I say ; 'It's not the heat,
it's the memories. it's not the heat,
it's the memories.'
-
All that stays with me  -  a very long
time, or an instant's inflection instead.
I just never will know.

No comments: