Thursday, December 1, 2022

15,809. ERASED FROM THE HUMAN RACE

ERASED FROM THE HUMAN RACE
Treat the dog with a better face;
and leave no stone unturned. In
case. There's a better world my
Mama never told me of. After
shadows, just the dark?
-
I think I'll walk the bookstore
aisles again. It's Middletown, NY
and the rows here are filled with
endless donated books. All kinds
of crap, but good stuff too. It gets
like that in these dusk-grubby towns
with no universities around. Like
Woodbridge or Plainfield, having a
place of learning would sure make
a difference.
-
As it is, I go outside and look for
what I've missed. Two black guys
on kids' bicycles all swooped up; a
Dodge truck in a driveway, leaning
on its two flat tires; A pile of leaves
no one has moved. I accept the world
as it presents itself to me.
-
The self-help section groans.
I wonder what the means?

No comments: