Tuesday, December 13, 2022

15,858. AFFORDABLE TREE SERVICE

AFFORDABLE TREE SERVICE 
How does this work again? The
fat guy just told me the Mafia used
to run the Fulton Fish Market, mostly
by coercing protection money, from
guys whose trucks and freight would
otherwise be destroyed, damaged,
or stolen. You get off easy if they
let you live? I had a dream when I
was under my knock-out; dreaming
for days, it seemed. All I saw was a
nurse's face going down on me? And
when I awoke, too, I felt as if I'd 
somehow gotten Tourette's  -  I
began yelling: 'What the fuck is
this shit? God damn it, who put me
here, that sonofabitch is going to
pay!' Yeah, they calmed me down.
-
It's no fun being an illegal alien; that
was a song by the Eagles, a long time
ago, when all that stuff wasn't even 
an issue unless you lived maybe in 
El Paso or San Berdoo  -  migrant
workers and all the rest.
-
Now, the trucks roll by, even with
6 inches of snow on the god-damn
ground. 'Affordable Tree Service', 
they have the nerve to say in big
letters on the side. Where's all those 
bastard tree-hugger types with their
eco-friendly balderdash pursuits now?
Nobody cares if there's profit to be
made. Cut down a tree for Jesus!

No comments: