Friday, December 9, 2022

15,843. FOR TOUCHING MY SIS'

FOR TOUCHING MY SIS'
Some days I went to the park to
be seen : It was more like a rooftop
garden than anything else to me.
East 11th street, #509, was my NYC
address, but all that was a slum-line
to me. It was late Summer, 1967.
-
The Spanish chiquitas on my part
of the street were only always half
dressed. Most days were in the mid
90's, by temperature, and the NY 
streets  -  as they do  -  always
added another 10 degrees to that.,
-
I wasn't a horny bugger, by any
means. I knew what a breast was
about, let's say, and there was plenty 
of sex to be found - Tompkins Square
park itself, after dark, could be an
orgy  -  wine-fueled and super-charged.
Candles, music, pot and sex.
-
What it gets you, more or less, is a busy
way to pass the time. But, the complications
mattered too : all these girls had brothers
and fathers  -  most of them; and it was
all kept a watch over, and if infractions
were found, or found to be too blatant,
trouble could ensue. A certain line gets
crossed, and you'd get slashed. No matter
what Rosalita wanted, or what she said.
-
10 bucks, 30 bucks. One never knew.
Sometimes the payoffs got dismal; to
Pancho or Pedro or Pablo. "For touching
'my Sis.' I have to give you this." If you
ever heard that, you were in trouble sure.

No comments: