Wednesday, December 7, 2022

15,837. SO MIDNIGHT AGAIN

SO MIDNIGHT AGAIN
So, midnight again and you throw
another log on the fire, thinking
what the heck and why not now?
So little time left and scared to
Hell. That's the way the ball doth
bounce, Funky Winterbean.
-
Endless days like taffy drawn, the
time just peels away : fraught with
circumstantial evidence, I'm willing
to make a plea, a bargain to get this
way  -  past the ending and past the
guards.
-
Jeepers-creepers, don't you have 
any mercy? Get over this pouch 
in its kangaroo corner and just let 
me live. I'm getting tired of final 
messages and happy talk. The 
optimists ought to have a cafe 
of their own, where they can sit
and talk while I stay over here
and moan. 'Fate! Fate like a
needle now, and pointed right
at my eye!

No comments: