Tuesday, December 13, 2022

15,861. TREE-TOED SLOTH

TREE-TOED SLOTH
That's how I make it now. I used to
be a three-toed sloth, but I've changed
all that in reverie. I never drop down
to the ground. Let the church-bells
chime; it's all a chimera now. I
want to get back to basics.
-
The Milanville General Store will
always let me in; after climbing a
tree I can walk the stream to the
Ranger Station they have nearby.
It's quiet there, but it needs more
trees.
-
This guy named Limon lives in
Milanville, and ain't the coincidence
strange? We stand and talk a little;
he's just bought coffee and a donut.
I have nothing, because I brought no
money, running out as I did. The
pick-up truck I drove here with has
nothing  -  I've got no license nor
registration nor insurance with me.
-
There are no cops around here, and it's
an 'unlimited situation'. Balder said that -
he's the guy with the donut and coffee. 
It's his opinion that you can get away
with anything in these parts, and if things
get rough you can just run up the hills
or go down the hollows, and hide. I've
seen lots of things, like that, and he
might just be right. It's easy.

No comments: