Tuesday, December 13, 2022

15,864. ICE PICK SERVICE, FREE OF CHARGE

ICE PICK SERVICE, 
FREE OF CHARGE 
The newspaper read 'Jimmy Delaney's a
Killer!' I stopped and said, 'Hey, I know 
him! No one heard me, and no one stopped
to listen. Those newspaper kiosks in the
old days before phones  -  they were at
every corner and everyone gawked.
Now, they're few and far between, and,
with phones, people just talk.
-
Instead. It's a different world. But I new
Jimmy Delaney, and his career choice,
before he was 'The Ice Pick Killer.' He
wanted to be famous. I said 'Jim, there
has to be another way. Buy a damned
guitar, go out, and pretend to play. People
will throw you money for anything at all.'
-
But, no, he had to do it his way. We walked
over to Entsell's on 48th. It was a knife store,
and Army/Navy stuff, blades and picks and
all. He bought some boots, and what I thought
was an awl. As an ice pick it was better. He
began to kill. In people's ears, or in their
hearts, at will.
-
Whew! What a hot story is that. If I was a
writer, or a newspaper guy, I could make a
fortune just my eye and re-telling all I had
seen. Jimmy Delaney. Jimmy Delaney.
Jimmy Delaney.

No comments: