Wednesday, August 24, 2022

15,535. TOO MANY TENSES

TOO MANY TENSES
What language is this, fella',
that you be trying to speak?
I've fallen by the wayside
like a tired, old dog  -  but
I can still hear you , and,
though my memory is 
jogged, I can't understand
what you're saying. What
was the planet again you
said you were from?
-
You seem like a wandering
mad minstrel from a place
I once heard of: where a
King Alford went mad when
his lute player slipped him
a Mickey in the Royal Court
Chamber. Things were never
the same after that; and I
remember it well : the 
candelabras fell from the 
ceiling and walls, the royal
carpets took blaze and the,
King, burned to death, simply
became King Ember the
Fiery Head after that. His
8 year-old-son was given
the Kingdom, and nothing
was ever heard from again.
-
That's where you're headed,
Super-Tenses Tony.

No comments: