Monday, August 15, 2022

15,016. I'VE BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK

I'VE BEEN AROUND 
THE BLOCK
I stopped along my wandering pole,
at a place I thought just right to be,
and it was all shattered in an instant.
'Maybe I'll grovel, just for a while,'
I thought. Momentary flashes of
what I ought to do. In the end,
nothing at all. I said, 'Oh well.'
-
'But Sir,' I spoke again, 'I am
determined to live.' I was speaking
to a man in blue, who'd been sitting
on a rock, watching. I asked him
where did he dwell? 'I come from
nowhere, and yet I am here. All
the rest is yours.'
-
I've been around the block, believe 
me, and have seen a lot of things.
But this beat all. Quandaries and
paradoxes seem the story of my
life. The best thing I could do was
stay in place. I realized all movement
was for nothing.

No comments: