Monday, August 15, 2022

15,019. THE IRON DIRIGIBLE MADMAN

THE IRON DIRIGIBLE MADMAN
Rexroth is dead, Ashbery, Ferlinghetti, 
Ken Koch and Kerouac too. It seems
like this world's an empty place for an
iron-dirigible man; always landing
flat and straight to the ground. 
Lakehurst, here I come.
-
I wander like a crazy-man now:
There's no justice in the cereal aisle,
no numbers by the counter and no
signs near the watermelons. If I were
to light a barbecue flame with the
things they sell  -  lighter fluid, 
charcoal briquettes (always hated
that word), what would it get me?
-
In these hinterlands there's nothing,
and in the cities they claim you
can't buy that stuff, even though
I'm sure you can, anywhere.
-
Outside the police station, some
kids had a lemonade stand. Girls.
Not to be sexist but they did it to
themselves. Nearby, the boys were
playing six-gun games with their
imitation pistols. Nothing I could
do but just keep walking on.
-
Thinking thoughts along the way:
Why doesn't someone come up with
a type-keyboard that also has keys
for the most-used combinations of 
letters, like 'ch' for, say, chair; or 'tr' 
for triple or transport. Things  like
that. Seems it could work and
be helpful.
-
('I think this Iron-Dirigible guy
has too much time on his hands').

No comments: