Friday, November 22, 2019

12,311. POSITIVE SPIN ON NEGATIVE THINGS

POSITIVE SPIN ON 
NEGATIVE THINGS
I tried walking n the dark; Hester to East
Broadway anyway. There were too many
cars and all those Chinese noises. It was
certain there was the clomp of horses, but
it couldn't be, and what you don't understand
when you can't understand is perplexing.
I tried to see, at least, what I was seeing,
but after a few minutes that too stopped
working. I was left alone, again, in this
drafty, Winter, coat. You can try as you
might, but you'll never find one of these
on sale anywhere. There was an old
newsvendor there once, on that corner.
He used to set up every day, in a dark
green box-like structure, made of wood,
and of the type, unlike now, that he'd
apparently made himself and no one
ever inspected. Maybe there was no
law in Chinatown then. 'You cannot
see what cannot then.' That was a
fortune cookie I got once, but I was
able to convince myself it merely
a misprinted mistake. Positive spin
on negative things, I guess.

No comments: