Friday, May 4, 2018

10,786. BRING THE SHIMMY-SHAKER

BRING THE 
SHIMMY-SHAKER
(the big migration)
It was a Tuesday when I did
finally cross the land blind : I
was newly useless on that
account. My vision had taken
my sight or my sight had affected
my vision; things I could not put
together rightly. Then I heard
a someone saying her name
was Linda Lee. I'd heard that
name before. In another town,
to be sure, but she was the one
who taken the money and fled.
-
My blindfold was a mask of 
sorrows and I knew little else.
I wondered if things would be
different : If I called her Little
Elsie? How vast this one-man's 
newest domain. Call it that.
-
Hammer and chisel. Dark arc
on a well-lit sky. National
movements, people. Hammer
and sickle. Dark arc of the sky.
Linda Lee and Little Elsie. 
What was either one to me?

No comments: